The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), on Thursday, suspended the proposed assumption date for domestic flight.
The statement, which was made public by a NCAA official through his twitter handle says; the postponement is because the it is not possible to resume domestic flights in the country on that date. They also added that there won’t be any approval for the resumption of flights until the aviation authority can confirm and state guidelines that will be “safe, secured, efficient and organized”. See tweet
Nigerian Airport guidelines for Passengers During the Covid-19 Pandemic:
The Federal Airport Authority (FAAN), took to its official twitter handle to announce the guidelines which both passengers and airline operators must follow, when they resume domestic flights during the pandemic. see the tweets below;
- Passengers must wear face-mask to gain access into the airport terminal building.
- Checking of passengers temperature by the appropriate authority.
- Passengers must observe social distancing by following strictly the movement guide marked on the floor by the Airport authority. Passengers must queue on the marked lines when the enter the airport.
- Airline agents counters, to have transparent demarcations between the agents and the passengers, so no direct interaction.
- Passengers are advice to follow strictly the markers on the floor provided they are inside the airport premises.
- After the demarcation, any where passengers go to within the airport, whether the screen or departure lounge, the marker on the ground will guide their sitting arrangement, whether they want to seat or not.
- Passengers will be guided by airport staffs to ensure strict adherence to the stated rules and regulations.
- A mandatory hand sanitizing exercise will be performed at the point of boarding. the hand sanitizers will be provided by the airlines.
- People coming to pick up there loved ones/passengers are to remain in there cars until the person exits the airport gate.
Always remember that Covid-19 is real, obey all instructions by the WHO and other relevant authority. Above all keep a clean hygiene.